Wednesday 10 April 2013

Snake stories

This morning Wackhead Simpson aka Working System pranked a lady about a snake.  Funny.

This reminded me of my own snake story.  My one son loves animals.  Reptiles and spiders and snakes, but also "normal" pets like dogs.

So at one time we had a corn snake.  Sweet little thing.  I learned to pick it up with a facecloth.  I can see moms thinking me for this tip.  Remember, you can show no fear!  Nothing delights little boys more than knowing they freak you out by shoving a frog under your nose..

Anyway, back to the snake.  And what is the other things kids love?  Taking everything to school...  So I agreed one day.  Precautions were taken. 

Shortly after I dropped the kids off at school I got a call from the teacher.  The snake is not in the cage!  The teacher can hardly breathe.  And I am laughing so, I cannot type.

Now my next concern is my domestic worker.  See, snakes (and other things) like dark places.  So they escape when they can.  I do want my domestic worker to carry on working for me!  And I don't want her to find him!  So I rushed home and my domestic worker was fine.  We found the snake behind the bed or something.

But they where so worried at school!  Can you picture it?  I am sure great was the relief when I phoned and said the snake is at home.

Well, in the end the snake did the Great escape.  Never to be found again.  We had friends over around that time and they almost canceled.  We do have a wild garden... Maybe he became lunch for a bird, poor thing..

No comments:

Post a Comment