Tuesday 29 January 2013

The lost car

This morning I read a story about a woman who thought her car was stolen and phoned the police.
When she phoned her husband he reminded her that he dropped her off and that he must now convince the police he didn't steal it.  Funny.

That reminded me of my own story.

Years ago.  Do you notice how I always tell stories that happened "years ago"?  Anyway, years ago my car had some problem.  It didn't want to start.  I had an errand to run at a very upmarket shopping centre.  I decided to leave the car running while I nip into the store.  One of those strip shops.  I don't have to tell you what I thoought the first time I hear that term..

So here I am parking as close as possible to the shop.  Watching my car all the time.  Like men to when they go on holiday and stop at the Wimpy at the Ulta City.  At some point I notice a man walking to "my" car looking like he is going to get in. 

Well, I bolted out of the shop, waving my arms and screaming.  Only to see him with his keys in his hands at his car.  Similar to mine.

Then I had to turn around, with the little dignaty I had left to finish my errand.

Today it is funny, but that day it wasn't.

By the way, my dodgy loo story is number one on Google.  Read it if you need a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment